Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance
Ms R.Hill (Leader of CEIAG, Pastoral Leader of KS4, Deputy DSL and Head of Gwyn House)
Link Governor: Jemel McKenzie
At Bonus Pastor Catholic College we aim to prepare our students for further and higher education, or skilled employment, such that they will go on to make a significant and positive contribution to society.
We ensure that all students learn about all pathways available to them including further education, higher education, apprenticeships and all other forms of work-based learning. In ensuring that students are knowledgeable about the pathways available to them, and equipping them with skills and attributes to get ahead in the work place, we believe that our students are suitably prepared and empowered to make informed decisions about their own futures.
We are proud that 100% of Bonus Pastor students go onto Sixth Form, College or Apprenticeships each and every year.
The Careers Programme is planned around the following key themes for each Year group, such that students learn about the variety of opportunities available to them and are ultimately empowered to make positive choices about their futures:
Year 7 – Introduction to Careers and aspiration
Year 8 – Preparing for GCSE Options and understanding the impact of these upon my future
Year 9 – Challenging my view of the working world
Year 10 – Exploring what is right for me and preparing for my future
Year 11 – My choice; my future
1-2-1 Guidance meetings are compulsory for all Year 10/11 students regarding the Post 16 Transition, and are also available for all students and/or parents at any time. Please contact Rebecca Hill via email to find out more: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to providing students with high quality encounters with employers and work places. If you are able to contribute to this area of the programme, please contact Rebecca Hill via email to express your interest. Please see Provider Access Policy Statement for further information about access, facilities and safeguarding.
Careers Education Programme
Careers education is embedded in all areas of the curriculum at Bonus Pastor Catholic College in order to help inform and inspire our students. Activities and events include:
- Ada Lovelace Day Celebration of Women in STEM Careers
- University visits and workshops
- Work Experience for all Year 10 pupils
- Employability Day for all Year 11 students
- Sixth Form taster day experience for all Year 10 students
- 1-2-1 guidance for all Year 8 and Year 11 students, in line with Key Stage transitions
- KS4-5 Transition Information Evening for all Year 11 Parents and Students
- Business Mentoring
- Subject specific careers displays across the school
- Apprenticeship information displays
- Subject-specific activities throughout subject curriculums
- Extra-curricular and enrichment activities provided by Subject departments
- Tutor-time activities embedded into the Year 8 tutor programme
- A Level Masterclasses at local Independent Sixth Form Providers
- Careers library available to all students
- Meaningful encounters with employers – through seminars and assemblies
- Active alumni network
- Developing skills and attributes for the workplace through working towards the Bonus Pastor Charter
For more detail about our careers programme, and how it links to the Gatsby Benchmarks, please see the attached Careers Plan.
Student engagement in CEIAG activities is tracked, monitored and evaluated throughout their time at Bonus Pastor, which means we can ensure that all of the Gatsby Benchmarks are met for each and every child.
We have a proud history of 0% NEETS at Bonus Pastor. Each year we review and evaluate our destination data in order to shape our future careers provision.
We continue to review and improve our CEIAG provision in line with the Gatsby Benchmarks. The next review will take place in September 2021.
Or call on 020 8695 2100
CEIAG Latest News