Bonus Pastor Catholic College was founded by the Catholic Church to provide education for children of Catholic families.
Applications for September 2022 Entry
We would love to welcome your child to join us here at Bonus Pastor Catholic College to continue their educational journey.
The page detailing the Open Events to be held in September 2021 for the September 2022 intake, is now live and places (which are limited) should be booked via the Google Form Link below. This is an excellent chance for you to see the school with students working and to listen to Mr J Ronan (Principal) talking about the school and admissions.
Further information regarding the Admissions process will be updated here as new information becomes available.
Supplementary Information Forms (SIF) will be available at the Open Events (and on the website from 23/09/2021).
These MUST be completed in all cases (even if you wish to apply using the ‘sibling’ criteria or as a non-Catholic applicant) for a place to be considered.
Without it, your application made via the Lewisham eadmissions website will not be considered for this school, even if you name Bonus Pastor Catholic College as one of your six choices of schools.
The SIF must be returned to the College by 31st October 2021.
NB: Any forms received after this date will not be considered until after the first round of offers have been made in March 2022.
For information from Lewisham regarding Admissions, please see the link below:
If you have any questions regarding Transition from Year 6 to Year 7 please do not hesitate to get in touch with our Admissions Officer, Mrs J Townsend at:
The college is conducted by its Governing Body as part of the Catholic Church in accordance with its trust deed and Instrument of Government, and seeks at all times to be a witness to Jesus Christ.
The Governing Body has responsibility for admissions to the college and intends to admit 180 students to Year 7 in September each year.
Please note: All applications are verified and in order to do this, the following lists are used:
- Catholics include members of the Ordinariate and the Latin and Oriental Rite Churches that are in union with the Bishop of Rome.
- Children of families who are members of other Christian denominations that are part of Churches Together in England.
- Evidence of Baptism (or dedication) provided by a priest or minister of a designated place of worship will be required.
Admissions for September 2021 Start:
Please see the relevent documents below to download our admissions policy and Supplementary Information Admissions Form for the 2021-2022 academic year.
Guidance Regarding Church Attendance:
On the advice of the Education Commission of the Archdiocese of Southwark the governing body of Bonus Pastor Catholic College has agreed the following statement in order to clarify how its faith-based oversubscription criteria will be interpreted whilst churches are closed or attendance at church is not possible due to COVID19.
An application for a variation in the guidance for School Governors on interpreting evidence of Catholic Practice in Supplementary Information Forms following the Coronavirus outbreak was made to the Office of the Schools Adjudicator as below and has now been approved:
“The suspension of the obligation to attend Sunday Mass was announced on 18th March 2020 by Bishops' Conference of England and Wales. If a parent/carer attended Mass at a certain frequency at a particular parish (or parishes) prior to 18th March 2020 then they will be considered to have attended Mass in that parish (or parishes) at the same frequency since that time. This will remain the case until the Sunday obligation is reintroduced by the Bishops.”
This statement has been shared widely with parishes in order to ensure that determinations made by parish priests concerning regular practice of the faith are being made on a consistent basis.
- You must complete a Supplementary form for admission, even if there will be a sibling at the school on 01/09/2021. After the declarations have been completed and signed by your Priest/Minister, this form must be posted to our school and addressed to our Admissions Officer (Mrs Townsend). Alternatively if you can electronically scan this document in, you can email it to us using the email address below. Please do not take photos of this on a mobile phone as it will not be accepted.
- You must include the child’s baptism certificate with the application
- The deadline is 31/10/2020
Appeals for the September 2021 Year 7 Transition to Secondary School
The deadline for appeals has now passed and those who have submitted an appeal will be contacted regarding the hearing arrangements for their appeal.
Hearings will be in two stages:
- Zoom Meeting for all Appellants: Wednesday evening 23rd June 2021 at 5pm
- This will be where the Principal – Mr J Ronan – will present the general case for the school.
- Appellants may ask questions relating to the case put by the Principal but not to their personal case.
- Zoom Meetings for individual Appellants: Friday 25th June – all day, during which:
- Each Appellants will be assigned a time for their Zoom Session
- Appellants can explain their case to the panel and ask related questions
- Panel and Principal can also ask/answer questions
- Principal is present at the sessions but will not present the school case again
- Appellant leaves zoom meeting and panel discusses the case and makes a decision.
- Decisions will be sent to Appellants when decisions for all cases have been made.
In Year Admissions for September 2020 Start:
Please see the relevent documents below to download our admissions policy and Supplementary Information Admissions Form for the 2020-2021 academic year.
For all in-year admissions, please email our Attendance Officer, Mrs S Cordrey at: