Homework at Bonus Pastor
At Bonus Pastor, we set homework in all our year groups. This helps to prepare Key Stage 3 students for the study required for GCSEs and beyond, and ensures that our Key Stage 4 students are using their study time effectively and efficiently to gain the highest grades possible at GCSE.
Obviously during lessons teachers monitor all students’ progress and offer them guidance on the different stages. Open questions encourage a range of responses and promote students’ creativity. Homework supports and enhances this environment and we aim to set tasks which engage and challenge students to progress and achieve. Homework also;
- consolidates students learning and understanding of topics
- enhances students literacy and numeracy skills as they practice them in different contexts
- increases student confidence in using different methods of research
- encourage students to fact check, and to check their work for errors
- develops student confidence in presenting information in a variety of formats
- gives students the opportunity to explore ideas and areas of interest
- allows students to devote more of their energies and imagination to each subject in turn
You can read more about the Homework for specific year groups, and find the timetables for each year group by following the links on the right and below.
There are currently no documents under this category.