MADRID TRIP 2017
Dear Parents / Carers,
We are organising a school journey to Madrid for pupils in Year 9 & 10 studying G.C.S.E Spanish. The trip will be from Friday 3rd February to Monday 6th February 2017. The trip will help to develop your son / daughter’s awareness of the Spanish language and culture and to visit and see some world renowned historical monuments and art museums.
It will be necessary to ask for a voluntary contribution to enable this trip to take place. The suggested contribution is £495.00. A grant for board and lodging of £140.00 is available towards the cost of the trip for families who are in receipt of certain benefits. Please ask for a form if you think you may be eligible. The £495.00 includes:
· Return flights to Madrid
· Return coach transfers to the airport from school and to the hotel in Madrid
· Three night’s bed, breakfast and evening meal in a two star hotel in the centre of Madrid
· Accommodation in two/three/four bedded rooms with television and en-suite bathroom
· Excursions to various art museums and cultural sights in Madrid including the Prado, the Palacio Real and the Real Madrid football stadium Santiago Bernabéu
· A full day coach excursion to Toledo
· An evening bowling
· Personal travel insurance
If you would like your son / daughter to be considered for a place on this trip please return the reply slip attached together with a deposit of £160.00 and a photocopy of their passport and EHIC by Friday 18th March. Please ensure all paperwork is in an envelope with your son/daughter’s name, form and trip written on it and handed in to Mrs Hirst. We prefer money to be paid on Parentmail2. The deposit for this trip is higher as we are flying and the airplane tickets need to be reserved. The payments will be as follows but you may also pay at other times too:
· Friday 18th March 2016 £160.00 (Grant £160.00)
· Friday 6th June 2016 £150.00 (Grant 100.00)
· Friday 30th September 2016 £185.00 (Grant 95.00)
As we are flying to Madrid it is imperative that a copy of your son / daughter’s passport is enclosed with the deposit. Flight tickets have to be booked in the exact name on the passport. Any name changes that have to be made at a later date will incur a fee that will be passed on to you. Please apply early for the passport and EHIC if your son / daughter does not have one or it needs to be renewed.
You should already have read and signed the School’s Code of Conduct for school journeys. Once a place has been offered on the trip all monies paid will be non – refundable unless a replacement can be found. You will also be charged a fee to change the ticket name for any replacement found.
Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any questions.
Mrs C.M. Hirst
Subject Leader Modern Foreign Languages
I would like my son/ daughter _________________________________
Form ____________ to be considered for a place on the four day trip to Madrid from Friday 3rd February to Monday 6th February 2017. I am willing to contribute £495.00, £355.00 if I qualify for grant.
o I am paying the £160.00 deposit on Parentmail2
I understand any monies paid are non refundable unless a replacement is found and a fee will be charged for the change of name.
I enclose a copy of the passport and EHIC.
My son / daughter has:
· A British passport*_______________________________________________
· A European passport* _____________________________________________
· A non-European passport* _________________________________________
*Delete/state nationality as applicable.